InSITE 2019: Informing Science + IT Education Conferences: Jerusalem

Jun 30 - Jul 4 2019, Jerusalem, Israel 

Visa Information

If you are traveling on a passport issued by many countries, you don't need to arrange a visa in advance and your visa will be free (via visa waiver).  For other countries, you will need to a visa.  How do you know which applies to you -- keep reading ...

In all case, visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they are departing the country. People with no nationality must hold a valid laissez-passer, as well as a visa back to the country that issued it.

Visitors are entitled to remain in Israel up to three months from the date of their arrival, in accordance with the conditions of the visa issued to them. Visitors intending to work in Israel must submit a request to the Ministry of the Interior for a special visa.

 Many countries have a Visa Waiver Program with Israel, which allows their citizens to visit Israel without a visa arranged in advance. Those traveling on a passport issued by the US, Canada, Germany, for example, don't need to arrange a visa.  

Do I need to arrange a visa in advance?  Depending on the passport you are traveling under, you may need to obtain a visa in advance. The list of countries in the following link specifies from which countries tourists are required to present a prearranged visa.

If the chart says you need a visa, contact a local Israeli consulate.  If you have problems after doing that, contact us and give us all the details of the respexample of a machine readable passportonse you received so we can look into this for you.

All Visa Waiver Program travelers must present a machine-readable passport at the port of entry in order to enter Israel without a prearranged visa; otherwise, a visa is required.  This applies to tourists arriving with a passage card from countries with a Waiver Program.

Planning on visiting Syria or Yemen? Some countries won't let you enter on a passport that has an Israeli stamp.  Typically Israel no longer stamps passports at airports and most Land Crossings. Instead it issues an “Electronic Gate Pass”. (Keep this pass with you.)  But if you plan to visit Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, or Yemen, be sure to let the immigration clerk at the airport know.  If technology fails, they may need  to issue the entry stamp and you will need the stamp to be on a separate piece of paper (instead of stamping your passport).  That way, you can toss the paper after your visit.

Back to Top ↑