InSITE 2024: Informing Science + IT Education Conferences: Jerusalem

Jul 22 - 26 2024, Jerusalem and Online, Israel 

Visa Information

If you are traveling on a passport issued by many countries, you don't need to arrange a visa in advance, and your visa will be free (via visa waiver).  For other countries, you will need a visa.  How do you know which applies to you -- keep reading ...

In all cases, visitors to Israel must hold a passport valid for at least six months from departure. People with no nationality must hold a valid laissez-passer and a visa back to the country that issued it.

Visitors are entitled to remain in Israel for up to three months from their arrival, per the conditions of the visa issued to them. Visitors intending to work in Israel must submit a request to the Ministry of the Interior for a special visa.

 Many countries have a Visa Waiver Program with Israel, which allows their citizens to visit Israel without a visa arranged in advance. For example, those traveling on a passport issued by the US, Canada, or Germany don't need to arrange a visa.  

Do I need to arrange a visa in advance?  Depending on the passport you travel under, you may need to obtain a visa in advance. The list of countries in the following link specifies from which countries tourists must present a prearranged visa. 


Contact a local Israeli consulate if the chart says you need a visa.  If you have problems after doing that, contact us and give us all the details of your response so we can look into this for you.

All Visa Waiver Program travelers must present a machine-readable passport at the port of entry to enter Israel without a prearranged visa; otherwise, a visa is required.  This applies to tourists with a passage card from countries with a Waiver Program.

Are you planning on visiting Syria or Yemen? Some countries won't let you enter on a passport with an Israeli stamp.  Typically Israel no longer stamps passports at airports and most Land Crossings. Instead, it issues an “Electronic Gate Pass.” (Keep this pass with you.)  But if you plan to visit Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, or Yemen, let the immigration clerk at the airport know.  If technology fails, they may need to issue the entry stamp, and you will need it to be on a separate piece of paper (instead of stamping your passport).  That way, you can toss the paper after your visit.

Back to Top ↑